Our first meeting back from the summer break was all about antibiotic resistance.
How to reduce the spread of antibiotic resistance:
- Do not use antibiotics to treat viral infections, such as influenza, the common cold, a runny nose or a sore throat. Ask your doctor for other ways to feel better.
- Use antibiotics only when a doctor prescribes them.
- When you are prescribed antibiotics, take the full prescription even if you are feeling better. Ensure that members of your family do the same.
- Never share antibiotics with others or use leftover prescriptions.
- Remember, each time you take an antibiotic when it is not necessary, the effectiveness of the antibiotic decreases and it might not work the next time you really need it.
We learnt so much at this fascinating and important talk.